RAA and GM Holden bring Maven Car Sharing to Adelaide
Wednesday, 27th Feb 2019
RAA and GM Holden have announced a partnership, which sees Maven Car Sharing expand to Adelaide and brings car sharing to the city’s inner and outer suburbs for the first time.
RAA members and other South Australian drivers can now reserve top-of-the-range and technology-packed Holdens by the hour or the day, including sedans, SUVs and utes, using their smartphones to book and unlock the vehicles.
Using the Maven App, available from the Apple App Store or Google Play, RAA members have 24/7 access to vehicles located in designated parking bays across Adelaide, including the CBD, Mile End, Marion, Tonsley, Modbury, Glenelg, Grange, Woodville and Elizabeth.
Through a seamless smartphone experience, RAA members and other South Australian motorists can reserve a Holden, searching for and selecting their preferred vehicle by location or type. After making a reservation through the Maven App, South Australians will then use Bluetooth® on their phone to connect and unlock their vehicle, which can be started with the push-button ignition – no key required.
Maven’s competitive pricing is simple and transparent. Vehicles are available at a flat rate starting from $8 per hour, which includes unlimited kilometres, a tank of petrol, insurance and 24/7 roadside assistance, with RAA members entitled to a 10 per cent discount, using the discount code ‘RAASAVE10’.
There is no membership fee and no additional per-kilometre charges, unlike other car sharing companies in Australia.
RAA Senior Manager Future Mobility Mark Borlace expects Maven Car Sharing to be well received in Adelaide following its success in the U.S., and in Victoria where it was launched first in Australia last year.
“As society’s mobility requirements and preferences change, we need to adapt to provide a greater range of services that better reflect the modern world and the flexible mobility solutions our RAA members are looking for,” he said.
“As RAA’s first foray into the sharing economy, Maven Car Sharing uses cutting-edge technology to give members an incredibly simple, flexible and easy way to access a car. In fact, you don’t even need a traditional car key to unlock and drive a Maven car – you just need your smartphone.”
GM International Urban Mobility Director Anthony Riemann added: “Maven is quickly growing in Australia because the service is a great fit for Australians’ lifestyle, offering quick-and-easy access to top-of-the-range and technology-packed Holden vehicles, without the usual restraints of car ownership. Maven members can even bring their digital lives into their reserved vehicle through Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto.”
“Maven Car Sharing will appeal to people who do not have a car and need one occasionally for a weekend getaway or a short business trip, but also car owners who need a second vehicle from time to time,” Mr Borlace said.
“The Maven Car Sharing service is an exciting new mobility option that’s here for all South Australians to try. We’re excited to partner with Holden on the offering and look forward to seeing how the service is received across Adelaide.”
“We’re proud to work with RAA to bring Maven Car Sharing to South Australia. RAA is an ideal partner for us as they know South Australian drivers like no one else. Maven has a unique position in Australia, we have the backing of GM’s significant global investments in new mobility combined with over hundred years of Holden operating in the market. The future of mobility is exciting,” concluded Mr Riemann.
How Maven car sharing works:
- Download the Maven App from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your smartphone and register your details to become a Maven member
- Choose a car and book your preferred collection location and pick up time (RAA members be sure to use your promo code for 10% discount)
- Pick up the car using your smartphone to unlock the vehicle via Bluetooth®
- Start the car by pushing the brake and pressing the vehicle’s push-button start ignition
- Refuel using the fuel card and pin provided
- Use your smartphone to extend your booking if required
- Return the car to its original location and lock the vehicle using your smartphone
Maven car sharing locations in Adelaide:
- Adelaide CBD – two vehicles on Hyde St
- Mile End – two vehicles in RAA car park
- Marion – two vehicles adjacent Westfield Marion Shopping Centre
- Tonsley – two vehicles within the Tonsley Innovation Precinct
- Modbury – one vehicle at Tea Tree Gully Civic Centre
- Glenelg – two vehicles on Partridge St
- Grange – one vehicle at Grange Train Station
- Woodville – one vehicle at Woodville Train Station
- Elizabeth – two vehicles; one at Playford Civic Centre and one at Stretton Centre
- Noarlunga – two vehicles on Burgess Drive
For more information on Maven Car Sharing, please go to www.maven.com/au/en