Street Smart Primary
Bookings for 2019 are open now!
As we all interact with the road network every day, we all need to learn and be reminded about road safety. We cannot afford to take it for granted.
RAA, MAC and the Lifetime Support Authority believe that road safety is an important life skill that should be taught from an early age. By learning about road safety in primary school, students can start to develop appropriate skills and knowledge that will help make them safer in the road environment.
Street Smart Primary delivers an interactive, age appropriate road safety presentation for primary school students that emphasises pedestrian, passenger and cycling safety.
The program provides:
- A trained, qualified teacher to assist in the delivery of a 45-minute lesson
- An in-class program
- A choice of four age appropriate lessons or a lesson tailored to suit your students and school
- Advice to schools on delivering appropriate follow up programs
- Information for parents/caregivers to continue road safety learning at home
The program is offered as a community service and is free of charge.
What do they teach? Does it relate to the curriculum?
The lessons have been designed in conjunction with the Australian Curriculum. We will work with the classroom teacher to plan a lesson that’s age appropriate for their class.
How many lessons can a school have?
The visiting teacher will deliver up to five lessons in one school day to a maximum of 30 students in each class.
Does the classroom teacher need to prepare anything for the lesson?
No. The Street Smart teacher will bring all the required resources.
What preparation is required by the school?
Once a booking is made, your school will be contacted by the Street Smart teacher who will complete a site visit to confirm all of the details of the day.
If you’d like to find out more about the program, or book your school in, please contact RAA’s Street Smart team on (08) 8202 8214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Major Partners
Motoring & Road Safety
Street Smart Primary visits this month
- 22 July - Elizabeth Park Primary School
- 25 July - Athelstone Primary School
- 26 July - Challa Gardens Primary School
- 29 July - Blair Athol Primary School
- 30 July - Hallett Cove East Primary School
- 30 July - St Aloysius College
- 31 July - St Thomas School
Street Smart Primary Downloads
Did you know RAA has a driving school?
RAA has driver education programs for individuals and schools.